The perfect afternoon treat to get you through the midday slump, this tea-riffic twist on the classic Italian affogato is sure to please any lover of Earl Grey. Read on for the recipe.
What is affogato?
The traditional Italian affogato is made by pouring espresso over a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Adding our Créme de la Earl Grey tea to lemon ice cream makes a zesty combination that just screams summertime.
The New Orleans Tea Company version of an affogato recipe is incredibly easy to make; all you need is lemon ice cream (or flavor of your choice), our Créme de la Earl Grey tea, and, if you’re feeling fancy, a lemon to zest.
Simply scoop the ice cream into a bowl and top it with tea. (We suggest brewing the tea longer than you usually would for a stronger cup.) Lastly, top with lemon zest for an extra punch of flavor.
Earl Grey Affogato Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 2 tbsp Créme de la Earl Grey tea
- ½ cup boiling water
- 1 cup of lemon ice cream
- Optional: Lemon zest
- Bring the water to a boil and brew ½ cup of New Orleans Tea Company’s Créme de la Earl Grey tea using 2 tsp loose leaf tea. Allow to steep for 3-4 minutes.
- Add a scoop of ice cream into bowl.
- Pour the steeped tea over the ice cream.
- Top with lemon zest and serve. Bon appetit!