Ready to jazz up your Mardi Gras with a tea party that's as spirited and colorful as the streets of New Orleans during Carnival season? Grab your beads and masks, ‘cause we're about to throw a shindig that'll have everyone talkin’! Read on for tips and ideas around decor, tea pairings, and tasty eats and sweets.
Set the Stage: A Big Easy Bash
Decor to Dazzle
- Mardi Gras Madness: Think purple, green, and gold, darlin’! These colors aren’t just for the parades; they'll make your table shine like a float on Bourbon Street.
- Centerpieces with Pizzazz: Mix in some fleur-de-lis, throw in beads and masquerade masks for a true NOLA vibe.
- Mood Lighting: Nothing says cozy like flickering candles, casting a glow as warm as our Southern hospitality.
- Get that jazz and zydeco playin’! We want tunes that’ll make your feet tap and your heart happy.
Teas with Nawlins Soul
- Mardi Gras Mambo: This rooibos tea is a party in a cup, with its burst of fruity goodness and Amaretto notes that'll have you seconding lining like you're on Bourbon Street. Infused with calendula and safflower petals, this tea is as visually stunning as it is delicious.
- I Got the Baby: Inspired by our beloved king cake, this caffeine-free rooibos chai is a delicious and guilt-free way to indulge in your Carnival cravings. We've blended the naturally sweet and nutty flavor of Cederberg rooibos with a festive mix of warming spices to create a sweet, bold blend that's fit for royalty.
- Big Chief Chai: Named after the Mardi Gras Indians who light up Carnival with their stunning headdresses and fierce spirit, this chai masala blend combines Ceylon black tea with warming spices to create a spicy and aromatic flavor that is truly fit for a Big Chief.
- Mardi Gras Morning: A delightfully sweet black tea blend with hints of caramel and ginger inspired by the rum-based drinks of early America. Whether enjoyed as is or with a splash of real rum, this tea is the perfect way to start your festive day.
Snack Time, NOLA Style
- Mini Muffulettas: These little sandwiches are a bite of New Orleans history.
- Crawfish Pies: A taste of the bayou in every savory bite.
- Creole Shrimp Toasts: They'll make your taste buds dance the Second Line!
- King Cake, Baby! It ain't Mardi Gras without it. Find the baby, and you're king or queen of the party!
- Powdered Sugar Heaven: Beignets, as fluffy and sweet as a Mardi Gras float.
- Pralines: So sugary, so nutty, so New Orleans! (Check out this lavender earl grey praline recipe for a tea-riffic twist.)
- Mardi Gras Mambo: Pair this tea with fruit tarts or almond pastries. The fruity and nutty flavors complement each other perfectly.
- I Got the Baby: Serve with slices of king cake or cinnamon rolls. The warming spices in the tea enhance the sweet, cinnamon flavors of these treats.
- Big Chief Chai: Enjoy this bold chai with savory bites like mini muffulettas or Creole shrimp toasts. The spices in the chai stand up beautifully to these flavorful dishes.
- Mardi Gras Morning: Pair this sweet and spicy tea with beignets or pralines. The caramel and ginger notes in the tea will accentuate the sweetness of these classic New Orleans desserts.
Fun and Games, NOLA Style
- Blend Your Own Tea: Mix and match like you're a jazz musician playing with flavors. Check out our guide for ideas.
- Mask Makin’: Get crafty and create a mask that screams “Throw me something, mister!”
Party Favors to Jazz Up Their Day
- Send your pals home with a taste of the party - a little bag of our special Mardi Gras tea and some classic beads.
Wrap-Up: A Party to Remember
A Mardi Gras tea party is more than just a gathering; it’s a celebration of life, love, and the vibrant culture of New Orleans. With the New Orleans Tea Company’s Mardi Gras teas, mouthwatering bites, and decorations that sparkle like the stars over the Mississippi, you’re all set for a bash that’ll be the toast of the town.
So put on that feather boa, raise your tea cup, and let’s toast to good times, good friends, and the magic of Mardi Gras! Laissez les bon temps rouler!!